Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Taeyang releases a new video...and giving you light-skinned emotions.

Now I have a special relationship with Taeyang. He is...special. Musically I will concede that he is one of the few artist to actually do R&B in the realm of K Pop. We throw that term around a lot...and we shouldn't. K Pop's interpretation of R&B is limited. Very outdated, very contrite. The most modern we will get is more so in line with a mature version of R&B that you see with older acts. Taeyang I could see as one of the few who geniunely has an interest in the genre, and tries to keep up with it. 
So my expectations for Taeyang were...special. I won't get into the album...that's for another post, but I will talk about this video.


Taeyang: Eyes, Nose Lips
The video is very...bland. It is essentially him walking and singing shirtless in a parking lot...
I mean there is not really much to give. The end with the billboard of his ex burning up was kind of extra giving the lack of anything in the video. 
And his dancing was very extra...once again do to the lack of anything in the video.
He should have just gave a straight up attempt at De'Angelo's iconic video Untitled (How Does It Feel). I mean I was pretty sure the video was going that way, but who wants to really go for that comparison.

The song is nice though,

No comments:

Post a Comment