Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Because...

A video has been dug up of Kim Jongin (Kai from SM's new big group Exo), where he is with friends...doing some shit...and in one instance...he decides to throw off some curses and slurs...
Guess the slur.

And another one bites the dust



 Answer: N*gger


Now Kai was young...


Which means he makes mistakes...


Like every kid his age...


Plus he grew up in a society that has no ties to this word


It may not/probably doesn't have the same weight.


Plus this was before he debuted


He could have easily changed in his ways.


Don't be a hater.


Oppa didn't mean it.


He didn't mean it in a negative way. Like it's Kai, he is sweet and such a good person.



Look...at the end of the day, I acknowledge all these things, and will freely admit them. I may be a big person on equality and will call out bullshit, however I also understand K Pop is a part of a different culture, with different ideals. It would be stupid/ignorant/just as problematic for me to think that I can place all my ideals on them. That is some massive Western ideology and we as a part of this world, ahve messed up many of times with forcing ourselves on other cultures without taking in consideration of them and their practices (even if some are a bit on the fucked up side). I acknowledge that n*gger does not have that same value over there. It has been established many of times in K pop that they don't have fucks for shit that could be problematic.
However if you as a fan cannot admit that Kai fucked up, or any of your faves for that matter, than you are trash in my opinion. This won't affect him in the long run to be honest...unless he tries for a career in the states, and I doubt that will happen. Unless SK proves me wrong, it won't hurt him to get some negative feedback from the international community, mind you a small minority of said international community.
He will be okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment