Thursday, June 5, 2014

Okay but slay




I have a soft spot for 15&. They are talented, and I am charmed by them. What makes me love this performance, is how Jimin came in on this song. Her little changes in phrasing, and interpretation. I liked her more than whatever the dude's name who did it with Ariana.
Yerin of course did her thing, but I really just want to give props to Jimin right now. My biggest thing with Jimin is that her intepretations tend to go two ways. When she was younger she would go balls out vocal glory. By that, I mean she was very high notes, big, drama vocally. But it felt like a lot. In her most recent covers it felt very...passive. Like she was not even trying musically. All her covers sounded nice, but compared to Yerin  (who is a smarter/confident vocalist), I was really just not impressed.
In my mind, Jimin is still learning and growing (As is Yerin, but she seems like a step ahead as a singer), and this is a step in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment