Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Not K pop related (But I will make it work)

One of my favorites is finally making a return to the music scene.
Jazmine Sullivan decided to come out of her semi retirement and grace people with her presence and vocals.
Honestly I think it is great she took time off for herself, even if she thought it would be a permanent one.
For a K pop tie in...this could be the same thing Sunye is experiencing. Ultimately Jazmine's career was not going the way she wanted so she took time off, and that is good. If you lose focus, even if it is something you love, please do yourself a favor and reevaluate everything. Sunye could possibly be done with K pop, or she may just need time away from music to really regain a sense of herself.
I think a lot of idols need that. Some got in for the reason of getting into other venues (perfectly valid as being a singer is not the only responsibility of an idol), others really want to be apart of music...and get that fame. But if you lost sight of your goal, it is always nice to really just look at what you are doing and where you are.
*This is assuming that many of these idols have the option of taking time off for themselves, especially long periods of time like Jazmine who took four years, or Sunye who is taking five for Haiti...which they don't*
*Also Sunye did not say she was giving up idol life, but she is going to make focus on Haiti and her family*
*Also I hate the Haiti situation, I don't hate Sunye wanting to find balance in her life and career*
Anyway for my Jazmine Sullivan fans, here is her performing and I want to share my happiness.


No comments:

Post a Comment