Monday, May 12, 2014

G.Na's returned, and should have kept it.

G.Na has returned, after how much time away...I don't know how much, but yeah she back.
My problem is that I am not very familiar with her, nor do I want to really get into her. So I am looking at this as someone just getting into her. Like this would be my gateway into G.Na...and uhmmmm....



Pretty Lingerie (G.Na's Secret)
Now where does this song go wrong? 
Well the song is called Pretty Lingerie, but we are basically getting something that Apink would do (change the lyrical content just a little). Why are you talking about your panties when you singing to your oppa? 
Grow up.
It just feels like a massive disconnect for me. The beat is something I could bop to, and the song is not terrible. It's just knowing what it is about just makes me say no. The lyrics are about a girl who wants to look cute in some sickening Victoria's Secret for her man (aka this will lead to sex). She thinks she is in love, and she is now thinking about him.
I think the song is lowkey about sex in some form. Why are you buying new linens, girl? Why would your man see it?
Why? Because she is going to give him her body. 
*Turns on Partition by Beyonce*
This song does not directly say it, but I just came to that conclusion...
Despite the possible sexual theme, the song is just so...dull. Like how do you take such a possible scandalous topic and just...bleh.
Then the video happened and I...

The video is standard in K pop, that ashy pastel colors which gives you spring time, cute dancing, people in outfits you wouldn't see on a normal day by the mass public (like a small section yes, not everyone on every corner looking this nice on any given day). 
What really just stopped me was the lingerie store scenes. When she was in the dressing room, and...
Look a guy creeping on a girl changing into panties. Not just some pants, which is still bad, but she trying on bras, and panties and shit).
I was bored by the video up until then, after that I was just uncomfortable. What's worse is that the guy did not even get punished. It was played for laughs, which is terrible because it wasn't even funny. Like people always want to take very serious topics and try to make black comedy...but fucks most of it ain't funny. 
This is one of them.
A meh song on top of a no video...
That is G.Na's comeback.
Girl...bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment